HOME OGGETTI 3D LIBRI CORSI TUTORIAL FORUM SHOP CONTATTI   LOGIN

Autore Topic: New Layer property  (Letto 6840 volte)

Brazuca

...sono qui da poco, il mio miglior amico è il pulsante RICERCA
New Layer property
« il: 29 Maggio 2006, 20:11 »
Hi there!

I was wondering: What if ArchiCAD could assign an object/element to more than one layer?...

For example: In the plumbing project layer, we have to put an electric pump... and also in the electric project layer... What if we could assing the object to a "born" layer (where it could be editable) and "visible" layers (where it could not be seen)... It would reduce drasticaly the file size...

What do you think?

Brazuca

Re: New Layer property
« Risposta #1 il: 30 Maggio 2006, 12:12 »
Ooops...

I made a mistake when I wrote " and "visible" layers (where it could not be seen)... " I mean " and "visible" layers (where it could not be edited... "

Thats it.

ZioBob

• Che pacchia un forum senza spocchia!
  • ADMIN
    ...ho creato questo spazio e lo amo
« Risposta #2 il: 31 Maggio 2006, 10:39 »
The proposal is iteresting.
But I can't imagine why, in the secondary layer(s), the element han to be not-editable. If it can be seen (and this is our goal) let it be editable...
The only difference, with "home" layer and "secondary" layer(s) would be in deleting the layer (in the first case the element is also deleted from the secondary layers) and locking layer. If the Home layer is locked, the element is locked in all layers.
To assign a single element to more tha one layer for visibility will require an interface, maybe a pop-up window (like the show on story [...]), with a checkbox for every Layer.
-Roberto Corona-
archiradar  Staff

Brazuca

« Risposta #3 il: 31 Maggio 2006, 13:37 »
Good point ZioBob!   :o

If you lock the "home layer" then the elements are locked in all "show layers"

About the interface: Yes, it would be necessery a pop-up with check-boxes for each layer (excluding the "home layer")...

Do you think graphisoft would be interested?

ZioBob

• Che pacchia un forum senza spocchia!
  • ADMIN
    ...ho creato questo spazio e lo amo
« Risposta #4 il: 01 Giugno 2006, 12:28 »
who knows? Often Graphisoft seems to be reluctant against changes. But then, every couple of years, it comes out wit surprising news...
-Roberto Corona-
archiradar  Staff